Extra Protection, No Additional Cost – Supreme Advantage® Coverage
While medical liability insurance plans protect against cases of malpractice, not all of them include coverage that protects against instances of employment practices liability, HIPAA violations, billing errors, data breaches, or RAC audits. To safeguard our insureds in situations like these, we provide our complimentary Supreme Advantage® coverage. This plan is provided at no cost to you and is included with all medical liability insurance coverage (up to $50,000).
With this complimentary plan working to protect you and your practice, you are automatically covered with the following:
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
Employment practices liability insurance defends the insured for any medical malpractice claims arising out of employment practices and activities relating to:
- Wrongful demotion, discharge or termination of employment
- Employment-related misrepresentation
- Violation of employment discrimination laws
- Sexual and other harassment
- Wrongful failure to hire
- Negligent evaluation
- Invasion of privacy
- Employment-related defamation or infliction of emotional distress
Privacy and Data Security Insurance (PDSI)
This complimentary coverage includes the following:
- Multimedia Liability Insurance: Covers multimedia perils. Personal injury type of claims that arise from Internet or printed material that is the responsibility of the insured.
- Security and Privacy Liability Insurance (including HIPAA violations): Defends the insured for claims arising out of a breach of privacy or security. Includes coverage for the failure to prevent unauthorized access or use of the insured’s computer system resulting in damage, or disclosure, of stored data, transmission of malicious code, or computer virus. The coverage is for electronic and paper-based information.
- Privacy Regulatory Defense and Penalties Insurance: Covers regulatory fines and penalties and regulatory compensatory awards resulting from a security or privacy breach.
- Privacy Breach Response Costs, Customer Notification Expenses, and Customer Support and Credit Monitoring Expenses Insurance, including proactive privacy breach response costs and voluntary notification expenses: Coverage includes all necessary legal, electronic forensics, advertising, postage and credit monitoring (for one year) expenses incurred by the insured to notify third parties of a breach of information, as may be required. In addition, coverage is included for the expense of employing a public relations consultant in response to an actual or potential security or privacy breach prior to or after an adverse media report.
- Network Asset Protection Insurance: Covers the necessary expenses to repair, replace, recreate or restore digital assets (not hardware) as a result of accidental damage, alteration, corruption, distortion, misuse, destruction or theft. It also covers income loss resulting from non-physical business interruption and extra expense resulting from interruption, degradation in service, or failure of the insured’s computer system.
- Cyber Extortion Insurance: Covers expenses and monies paid to prevent someone from carrying out a cyber threat.
- Cyber Terrorism Insurance: Covers income loss and special expenses because of a business interruption resulting from a cyber threat. Cyber Terrorism must be the result of a political, religious or ideological reason.
Medical Practice Administration Insurance (MPAI)
MPAI covers the following:
- Coverage for attorney and audit costs, as well as fines and penalties incurred in response to actions or proceedings resulting from Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) audit findings.
- Provides defense costs and civil fines and penalties coverage for billing errors, HIPAA violations and STARK and EMTALA proceedings.
- Broad definition of billing errors proceedings, which includes both governmental and commercial payor audits and investigations, qui tam plaintiffs or voluntary self-disclosure.
To report a claim, please call us at 888.355.5551.
Apply For Coverage
Get customized coverage for you and your practice with MDAdvantage.