Medical Professional Liability Insurance
Every physician knows they need insurance, but not all policies are suited for all practices. With MDAdvantage’s flexible options, we’re proud to offer individualized coverage designed to match your exact needs. Please contact your broker for more information on which medical malpractice coverage options are available to you.
If you do not have a broker, contact our Policyholder Services Department directly at 888-355-5551.
A Claims-Made policy from MDAdvantage provides medical professional liability coverage from claims arising from medical treatments that take place on or after the retroactive date and before the end of the policy period.
Coverage on our Claims-Made Policy works as follows:
- The retroactive date provided is the date that new coverage incepts with MDAdvantage.
- If prior acts coverage is provided, MDAdvantage will assume the prior coverage retroactive date.
- The policy covers claims from medical treatments that take place on or after the retroactive date and before the end of the policy period.
- The claim is covered on the policy that is in force when the claim is reported to the company.
- When the claims-made policy terminates without renewing, an Extended Reporting Period (tail) is needed. The tail provides coverage for claims that occurred on or after the retroactive date, and before the termination of claims-made coverage, but reported to MDAdvantage after the termination of the last claims-made policy.
- Tail coverage is provided at no cost if the physician dies, becomes disabled and cannot continue to practice, or retires from the practice of medicine (DDR); or otherwise is available for purchase from MDAdvantage.
The MDAdvantage Occurrence Policy covers claims arising from medical treatments that occur during the policy period.
Coverage on our Occurrence Policy works as follows:
- The policy covers claims arising from medical treatments that occur between the effective date of policy coverage and the termination date of policy coverage, regardless of when the claim is reported.
- The Occurrence Policy does not provide coverage for claims arising from medical treatments occurring prior to the effective date of the policy or after the expiration date of the policy.
Convenient Payment Options
MDAdvantage offers convenient premium financing options, including:
- Payment in full
- 3-payment plan
- 5-payment plan
Policyholders can also pay their premium online via credit card or e-check by logging into My Account and clicking the ‘Payment Information’ link to access the SecurFee service.
To report a claim, please call us at 888.355.5551.
Apply For Coverage
Get customized coverage for you and your practice with MDAdvantage.