Letter from MDAdvantage® Chairman and CEO Patricia A. Costante
Several months ago, we started developing the Spring issue of MDAdvisor with the intent to include many interesting articles and to highlight this year’s EJI Excellence in Medicine Awards honorees and scholarship students. And then COVID-19 came into the picture, and life as we knew it seemingly changed overnight. We sadly canceled our annual spring EJI Awards banquet, but look forward to honoring the award recipients in 2021.
It quickly became apparent that the articles we had planned to publish seemed irrelevant in this new and rapidly evolving environment. We also realized that many of our EJI Award recipients and supporters were emerging as leaders at the forefront of the pandemic. So we shifted focus for the Spring journal, and with the help of Steve Adubato, we are proud to bring you interviews with experts in this field, which are also available as podcasts on our website. We also shifted the way we bring you the articles, rolling them out digitally as they become available instead of waiting to print and publish them all at once.
Each morning I wake up, get dressed and put on my MDAdvantage pin, proud to be part of a company that is here to serve the doctors and healthcare providers on the frontlines of this unprecedented health emergency. I have always had great respect for you and your profession, but now there are no words to adequately describe my gratitude for and awe at all that you are doing around the clock to save lives.
Chairman & CEO
MDAdvantage Insurance Company
Table of Contents
News & Acknowledgements
A Thank You from Everyone at MDAdvantage
This special edition of MDAdvisor is dedicated to all the healthcare heroes out on the frontlines facing COVID-19. We are beyond thankful for all that you do and are honored to stand by you and serve you during this pandemic.
We know that the safety and well-being of your patients and loved ones weigh heavily on the forefront of your minds. You are redefining how healthcare is delivered while still providing the utmost care to those who so desperately need it. For this, we at MDAdvantage applaud your hard work and thank you sincerely for protecting and caring for us during these immensely challenging times.
Congratulations to the 2020 EJI Excellence in Medicine Scholarship Recipients
We are incredibly excited for all nine of our 2020 EJI Excellence in Medicine Scholarship recipients! Each recipient has received a scholarship to use for their medical, dental, pharmacy or physician assistant education. We wish them the best in all their endeavors.
The 2020 scholarship recipients will be honored at our Spring EJI Awards banquet on May 5th, 2021.
Congratulations to the 2020 scholarship recipients:
- Laura Alban, MS, of Nutley, NJ (Seton Hall University School of Health and Medical Sciences, Physician Assistant Program, Class of 2020)
- Molly deButts of Randolph, NJ (Rutgers School of Health Professions, Physician Assistant Program, Class of 2021)
- Christian DiLiberto, DO, of Ocean Grove, NJ (Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Class of 2020)
- Bassel Fattal of Woodland Park, NJ (Fairleigh Dickinson School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Class of 2021)
- Brittany Martinez, MD, of River Edge, NJ (Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Class of 2020)
- Meaghan McCormick of West Orange, NJ (Rutgers School of Dental Medicine, Class of 2020)
- Daniella Olan, PharmD, of Bridgewater, NJ (Rutgers Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Class of 2020)
- Melissa Olsakowski, MD, of Randolph, NJ (Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Class of 2020)
- Nicole Silva, MD, of Newark, NJ (Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Class of 2020)