MANY OF OUR INSURED PHYSICIANS HAVE BEEN TELLING US THAT THEIR PRACTICE REQUIRES ADDITIONAL COVERAGE.
Since September 1, 2010, we have provided our Supreme Advantage™ coverage with your medical professional liability coverage at no additional cost. If you are insured by MDAdvantage, you are covered by Supreme Advantage™, which consists of the following:
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
Defends the insured for any claims arising out of employment practices and activities relating to:
- Wrongful demotion, discharge or termination of employment
- Employment-related misrepresentation
- Violation of employment discrimination laws
- Sexual and other harassment
- Wrongful failure to hire
- Negligent evaluation
- Invasion of privacy
- Employment-related defamation or infliction of emotional distress
- Privacy and Data Security Insurance (PDSI)
- Multimedia Liability Insurance — Covers Multimedia Perils. Personal injury type of claims that arise from Internet or printed material that is the responsibility of the insured.
- Security and Privacy Liability Insurance (including HIPAA violations) — Defends the insured for claims arising out of a breach of privacy or security. Includes coverage for the failure to prevent unauthorized access or use of the insured's computer system resulting in damage, or disclosure, of stored data, transmission of malicious code, or computer virus. The coverage is for electronic and paper-based information.
- Privacy Regulatory Defense and Penalties Insurance — Covers regulatory fines and penalties and regulatory compensatory awards resulting from a security or privacy breach.
- Privacy Breach Response Costs, Customer Notification Expenses, and Customer Support and Credit Monitoring Expenses Insurance — Coverage includes all necessary legal, electronic forensics, advertising, postage and credit monitoring (for one year) expenses incurred by the insured to notify third parties of a breach of information, as may be required in New Jersey. In addition, coverage is included for the expense of employing a public relations consultant in response to adverse media reports made against the insured.
- Network Asset Protection Insurance — Covers the necessary expenses to repair, replace, recreate or restore digital assets (not hardware) as a result of accidental damage, alteration, corruption, distortion, misuse, destruction or theft. It also covers income loss resulting from non-physical business interruption and extra expense resulting from interruption, degradation in service, or failure of the insured's computer system.
- Cyber Extortion Insurance — Covers expenses and monies paid to prevent someone from carrying out a cyber threat.
- Cyber Terrorism Insurance — Covers income loss and special expenses because of a business interruption resulting from a cyber threat. Cyber Terrorism must be the result of a political, religious or ideological reason.
- Medical Practice Administration Insurance (MPAI)
- Coverage for attorney and audit costs, as well as fines and penalties incurred in response to
actions or proceedings resulting from Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) audit findings.
- Provides defense costs and civil fines and penalties coverage for billing errors, HIPAA violations and STARK and
- Broad definition of billing errors proceedings, which includes both governmental and commercial
payor audits and investigations, qui tam plaintiffs or voluntary self-disclosure.
MDAdvantage is the only carrier to provide our policyholders with our Supreme Advantage™ coverage at no additional cost.
Additional Purchase Options for MDAdvantage Insureds
Supreme Advantage™ is also available as a standalone product for physicians not currently insured by MDAdvantage.
Purchase Options for Physicians Not Currently Insured by MDAdvantage